Celebrate the wedding of the year as Prince Harry marries Meghan Markle at Windsor Castle.
Royal wedding timings
- The royal wedding takes place in St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle at 12pm.
- At 1pm, the newlyweds partake in a carriage procession through Windsor Town.
- The couple then join their wedding guests for a reception at St George’s Hall.
The wedding is likely to be televised, but this has not yet been confirmed.
Royal wedding celebrations in London
Celebrations are taking place across London – including the chance to raise a glass to the happy couple as pubs in England and Wales stay open until 1am on Friday and Saturday.
Afternoon tea and cakes
Tours and sightseeing
- Be amazed by beautiful botanical displays as Chelsea in Bloom’s floral art show pays homage to the royal wedding with a special Summer of Love theme. 21-26 May
- Take a Thames Rockets breathtaking speedboat ride on the Thames, and celebrate Harry and Meghan’s wedding with Union Jack flags and a glass of Pimm’s. 17-20 May
- Discover Harry’s favourite London spots on Traditional Tours UK’s Prince Harry Tour of London. Sundays from April to October.
- Head to Madame Tussauds, and rub shoulders with the royal family’s wax figures in the new Royal Balcony display. Meghan Markle’s likeness will be unveiled in early May.
- Take a leisurely stroll around pretty Connaught Village as the area is decorated with red, white and blue flower beds to celebrate the royal wedding.
Get on an original 1960s Routemaster and enjoy a bus tour and afternoon tea through London’s most famous royal spots. Learn about afternoon tea etiquette and the history of royal weddings as you tuck into a delicious array of sandwiches, cakes and pastries. Various dates
- Experience the Royal Wedding Celebration package at One Aldwych hotel, featuring fresh fruit and flowers, complimentary access to the swimming pool, full English breakfast and a bespoke Royal Cup cocktail. All weekends in May
- Indulge in Hotel Café Royal’s exclusive Regent Royal Wedding and Empire Royal Wedding packages, boasting a limousine trip to Windsor, complete with a picnic hamper, tour of the Royal Warrant Holders, and VIP shopping service, plus more luxury experiences. 1 Apr-21 Jun
- Stay at one of the two Zetter Townhouse boutique hotels in Clerkenwell or Marylebone, and be treated to a special package including a Royale Royale cocktail on arrival, full English breakfast, a special royal wedding afternoon tea, plus a copy of Debrett’s Handbook about British etiquette to take home with you.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
The couple became engaged at Prince Harry’s Kensington Palace home in November 2017, following a whirlwind 16-month royal romance. Explore their favourite London locations.
Who is Prince Harry?
Sixth in line to the throne after the birth of Prince William’s third child, Prince Harry is the grandson of the Queen and the youngest son of Charles, the Prince of Wales, and Diana, Princess of Wales.
Who is Meghan Markle?
Meghan Markle is an American actor best known for her role in legal drama, Suits. She is also known for her humanitarian work.
Explore royal London
Find out more about royal London or explore the best things to see at Windsor Castle. Get Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s favourite London haunts on your phone by downloading the Visit London app.