By entering the Prize Draw, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these “Terms and Conditions“). Promotional materials relating to the Prize Draw, including all information on how to enter the Prize Draw, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotion materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
- The promoter of this Prize Draw is Expedia, 1111 Expedia Group Way W., Seattle, WA, 98119 USA (“Expedia“).
- Participants must be at least 21 years old and legally resident within the United Kingdom and have a Twitter account. Employees and agents of Expedia or any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies and their immediate families and members of their households, and anyone otherwise connected with operation or fulfilment of the Prize Draw are not eligible to take part. Expedia reserves the right to require participants to prove that they are eligible to enter the Prize Draw. If the winner is found to be ineligible, Expedia reserves the right to award the prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
- The Prize Draw commences at 04.00pm GMT on Wednesday 21st September 2022 and all entries must be received by 04.00pm GMT on the closing date of Friday 23rd September 2022.
- Entry to the Prize Draw is free; no purchase is necessary. If you don’t already follow @ExpediaUK on Twitter, visit https://twitter.com/ExpediaUK and click on the icon to follow @ExpediaUK. Once you are following @ExpediaUK:
a. Comment on your next holiday destination on the Prize Draw post on @ExpediaUK; and
b. Include the hashtag #TravelEarnRepeat
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. If you attempt to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, Sponsor may exclude you from participating in the Prize Draw.
5. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Prize Draw is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Participants may post one (1) Entry during the Prize Draw. There are only four (4) prizes to be won by four (4) winners in total. Entries received from any person or Account in excess of the stated limit will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void.
The prize to be won for four (4) winners is £1,125 worth of Expedia Rewards Points and Gold member status upgrade (“Prize”). Each prize has a maximum total budget of £1,125 (approximate retail value “ARV”. The total number of Expedia Rewards points available to be won is 450,000 with 112,500 being awarded to each of the four winners.). The Expedia Rewards Points will be deposited within thirty (30) days after winner acceptance of Prize and will expire 18 months from the date of the deposit. Rewards Points awarded to a winner are subject to terms and conditions of the Expedia Rewards program (Terms and Conditions (expedia.co.uk).
Points can be redeemed for Redemption Rewards which are subject to availability and restrictions of the relevant supplier as specified on the Expedia Site. Points cannot be redeemed for cash and have no cash value. Points cannot be combined with any other certificates, coupons, discounts, upgrades, awards, or promotions. Points cannot be redeemed on stand-alone flights or cruises, insurance, or other exclusions as listed under each category in the Expedia Rewards Terms and Conditions. Redemption Rewards are offered as promotional items and are void if sold for cash or other consideration, or if altered or copied, and cannot be reissued if destroyed, lost, or stolen. Redemption Rewards are not valid where prohibited by law.
The value of a booking is not refundable. Bookings are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Certain travel restrictions may apply. Actual value of a Prize may vary based on destination, rates at time of booking and travel dates. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value will not be awarded. Winner is responsible for obtaining any required necessary documentation (i.e., valid passport, visas, etc.) prior to travel.
In respect of any Prize comprising travel or any other activity, a winner must expressly acknowledge that undertaking such travel or activity is at their own risk and sole discretion and they will make their own assessment of the risks and of their own suitability to participate in or to undertake such activity or travel.
A winner must follow government advice in relation to using their Prize, in particular they must follow any restrictions in relation to travelling. Please check government advisories before booking and travelling.
Certain travel restrictions may apply. Winner is responsible for paying any applicable federal, provincial, state, local, income and withholding taxes, if any, and any and all other costs and expenses not listed herein as being provided, including but not limited to airfare, ground transportation, cruises, luggage fees, meals, beverages, hotel incidentals, souvenirs and gratuities. In the event that any tax withholding is required by law for the Prize (or a portion thereof), winner authorizes Expedia to make the corresponding deduction from the prize amount. Any Prize details not specified above will be determined by Expedia, in its sole discretion. Expedia will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellations or delays. Expedia will not be liable for any airline and/or hotel fees incurred as a consequence of changing or cancelling flight and/or hotel reservations. Expedia will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. Winner may not transfer, assign or substitute a Prize, or redeem a Prize for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Expedia, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Prize, or Alternate Prize, is awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Expedia. The Prize, or Alternate Prize, is subject to and the winner must abide by the prize providers’ terms and conditions of booking, of carriage for the flights (for the Prize) and of stay for the hotel/VR. The Prize, or Alternate Prize, is subject to the terms and conditions of Expedia.
6. The winners of the Prize Draw will be the first four (4) names chosen at random from all complete, eligible, properly submitted entries received before the end of the applicable closing date.
7. The winners will be notified by direct message asking such potential winner to provide their full name, telephone number, mail and/or e-mail address. Potential winners will have forty-eight (48) hours to respond to the direct message. In order to receive a direct message from Sponsor, you must (a) be following @ExpediaUK and (b) have your account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public.” The winners will be required to submit valid identification and execute and return to Expedia a declaration of eligibility, a liability release, including specific guidance regarding utilization of a Prize, including travel, during the COVID-19 global pandemic and, where lawful, a publicity release before receiving their prize. The Prize, will be sent by email from Expedia within three (3) days of the winners accepting the prize. If any e-mails or social media messages to the winner are returned as undeliverable or the winner does not respond to the direct message on Instagram within 48 hours we will select another winner. Expedia reserves the right to conduct a further random draw to award their prizes to another participant. Such newly selected winner will be notified in the same manner as above within one (1) business day of the drawing and will be asked to provide the same information as requested above. Only two (2) alternate entrants will be contacted for the Prize. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
8. In the event that, for reasons beyond Expedia’s reasonable control and not related to the winners, Expedia is unable to award the Prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, Expedia reserves the right to, at its sole discretion, award the cash value of the prize.
9. By entering the Prize Draw, participants agree to have their name and photograph featured in publicity materials relating to the Prize Draw without further reference, payment or other compensation (in accordance with local laws). This includes making their name as the winner available on the Website at https://www.expedia.com/stories/expedia-social-media-winners/ or on Twitter between September 2022 and September 2023. Details of the winners will also be made available to participants and the public on request by sending a direct message to the Expedia Twitter account no later than 31st October 2022.
10. Collection and Use of Your Personal Information: Expedia may collect and process your personal information directly or through our agents or contractors. We will use your personal information as necessary in order to conduct and manage the Prize Draw, and, where we have a lawful basis to do so, to send marketing communications to you. We may disclose your personal information to our related companies, agents, and contractors to assist in conducting and managing this offer, communicating with you, or storing data. This may include disclosures to organizations outside the UK in places such as the United States.
Please see our Privacy Statement (https://www.expedia.co.uk/lp/lg-privacy) for more information about how we process your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.
11. Expedia reserves the right to reasonably modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Prize Draw in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Prize Draw is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Expedia that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Prize Draw. Neither Expedia nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of any supplier selected by Expedia to provide the prize or otherwise that may cause the Prize Draw to be disrupted or corrupted, or that may lead to loss or damage of the prize in transit to the winner.
12. Save where it has been negligent, Expedia will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants’ entry into the Prize Draw or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Prize Draw. Expedia will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt by Expedia of any entries. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit Expedia’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
13. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Prize Draw in a manner, which in Expedia’s reasonable determination is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Prize Draw, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Expedia and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Prize Draw at Expedia’s sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Prize Draw, Expedia may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Prize Draw as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
14. All Expedia’s decisions in relation to the Prize Draw are final and Expedia will not enter into any correspondence with participants.
15. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Prize Draw or these Terms and Conditions.
16. Notwithstanding anything elsewhere in these Official Rules, no person’s or entity’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence shall be limited in any way, and nor shall their ability for fraud or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited or excluded. Where these Official Rules provide for discretion exercisable by a Released Party that could otherwise be capable of causing a significant imbalance in the parties’ rights and obligation hereunder, to the detriment of a consumer and contrary to the requirement of good faith, shall be exercised reasonably and in good faith.
The post Terms and conditions for the Expedia UK Travel Earn Repeat PrizeDraw (the “Prize Draw”) appeared first on Expedia.co.uk.